Thank you for reading the Nexuiz Community Guidelines!
Posting in these forums is a privilege which may be revoked at any time without notice, at the sole discretion of the forum moderators and/or administrators.
Nexuiz reserves the right to remove any content that they feel does not adhere to the spirit of the game and/or the forums.
Please follow the Nexuiz Community Guidelines when participating in our Community. Failure to do so may result in temporary suspension or permanent banning from the Nexuiz forums.
It is up to each one of us to make this Community worth being in! It's like recycling; everyone can do their part. Always strive to be helpful, polite, interested and engaging.
Tips - these are not rules, but merely guidelines to keep you from being ignored:
Lurk before posting! We cannot stress this enough. Each forum pretty much makes it clear from its name and description what is acceptable or not. Be sure you have the appropriate forum before posting. If there is no forum dedicated to the topic you wish to discuss, use General Discussion.
Use the search feature, found in the upper right quadrant of each forum page, to find information on a topic before you post a question. Your fellow community members will greatly appreciate this effort.
Newly created duplicate topics of posts may be merged, by the forum moderators, into pre-existing topics covering the same subject matter.
Consider posting an introduction of yourself in the Introductions thread - it's a great way to get started and meet other forumites!
When you create a new topic, be descriptive in the title. Naming your topic "help!" or "omg..." will not get you as much help as "I am unable to do 'x'" right off the back.
We do not care if you are drunk or high; please do not inform us of either. Please do not register gimmick accounts and make posts as a gimmick, as they are not funny. Please do not post crap asking us to vote for you on some website, give you referrals for free iPods / flatscreens / spare tires, or any other semi-spam things.
Don't screw up the forums or any user on the forums. If you post a malicious link (any URL with spyware or code designed to annoy people) you will be banned. Do not vote spam a thread with your friends because you don't like the person who posted it; this makes the voting feature useless. Do not make plans to annoy / destroy other forums.
Contained Conflict: Keep all flame wars and other arguments down to a low roar. We understand with this type of game there will be some sort of smack talking but there is a point that you have to agree to disagree and move on.
In general, you may post any on-topic material, as relates to Nexuiz, in the relevant forums, written in a courteous and respectful manner.
Make a habit of two things - to help, or at least to do no harm.
Do not type in all caps, as that is generally considered yelling.
Keep all content rated PG-13
Do not bring in-game disputes or drama to the forums
Do not post nonconstructive comments about Community members, Nexuiz, Nexuiz Employees, or other
Nexuiz game titles.
- Stay on topic
- Post content relevant to the forum you are posting in.
- Do not cross-link to content not relevant to the subject at hand.
- Topics or posts not relevant to the forum or thread they are located in may be moved or have content deleted
- Do not spam or troll
- Creating multiple topics or posts on the same subject in one or more forums.
- Excessively communicating the same or similar phrases or gibberish.
- Posting posts not adding content to the discussion at hand (+1, lol, etc).
- If you wish to state that you agree with a previously made statement, please don't just post '+1', but post reasoning as to why you agree with that statement, or make some elaboration upon it.
- · This includes image-only replies and "bumps"
- Posting with the intent to cause unrest in the Community.
- · Due to conflicting reports of community deaths, RIP threads are not allowed unless created by Admins or Moderators.
- · Petitions are not allowed. If you would like to see a change made to a game, please post a well-thought out topic in the appropriate suggestions and ideas forum.
- Read pinned topics and FAQs. They were created to help the users and/or contain vital information, and there's a decent chance that there is a solution for your issue in one.
- Do not advertise or promote any non-Nexuiz content unless the subforum you are posting in was created for that purpose.
- This includes, but is not limited to any non-Nexuiz related businesses, organizations, websites, or forums.
- Do not post any content discussing disciplinary actions taken against a Community Member, in-game character or clan, or any Customer Support issues.
- This includes, but is not limited to:
- Account or billing issues
- 3rd party tool abuse issues
- Discipline received by Nexuiz staff
- The status of any pending, open, or closed Customer support tickets.
- Do not post any content discussing chat logs, forum private messages, and/or email correspondence with Nexuiz staff.
- Do not copy paste content into your posts. If you have a phrase, or would like your name to appear at the end of all your posts, please use the signature area.
Inappropriate content will not be tolerated and will be deleted.
This includes, but is not limited to:
- Images, words, statements, usernames, signatures, or links that are, or refer to, sexual, drugs, vulgar, obscene, graphic, profane, defamatory, abusive, hateful, bigoted, violent, threatening, or otherwise offensive subject matter
- Thinly-veiled obscenities (using alternate letters/symbols)
- Flaming, harassment, or verbal attaches intended to belittle, humiliate, defame, threaten, or cause embarrassment to another Community Member, Nexuiz, Nexuiz Employees, or any of the Nexuiz game titles.
- Political, religious, moral or military-related topics are not allowed: this is an international community and there are other sites for those kind of topics.
- Material, or links to sites, advocating or discussing illegal activities, both online or offline including, but not limited to
- Trojan horses
- Malicious programs
- Abusing illegal drugs
The Report button is labeled "REPORT" and can be found at the bottom right of the post that you wish to report.
The Report feature is to be used ONLY for reporting objectionable content and is not to be used as a method of communicating with moderators for other reasons.
- Images must adhere to all Community Guidelines
- Images found in violation of the Community Guidelines will be deleted
- Please, for the sake of our users without broadband, do not post large images or quote images in replies.
- Be considerate and mark image-heavy threads with a warning in the topic title.
- Animated images are not allowed in either the avatar or signature areas.
- All images placed in the avatar or signature areas must adhere to the community guidelines.
Do not post personal information including, but not limited to:
- Full name
- Home Address
- Email addresses
- Telephone numbers
- Not heeding, or ignoring, admin/moderator requests or warnings will lead to actions against your forum account.
- Reopening topics that have been closed or removed by a moderator or admin will lead to actions against your forum account.
- Any attempt to deliberately circumvent the world filter will lead to actions against your forum account.
- This includes the use of alternate letters or symbols, abbreviations, punctuation, ASCII text, images, or other methods to convey the meaning of the filtered content.
Any attempts to circumvent a suspension or ban by posting from another account, or having someone else post on your behalf will result in further disciplinary action for all parties involved.
The Admin / Moderator Teams
Admins and Moderators are to be respected at all times, in any forum. They are still distinguished forum users and disrespect towards them will not be tolerated.
If you feel that a moderator is acting inappropriately, do not make posts about it, or attempt to take justice into your own hand. PM the appropriate community liaison and they will take the appropriate actions.
A large number of users like to link users to the rules and/or post solely for the purpose of telling users that they are breaking specific forum rules, or to tell them to submit a ticket. This job belongs to the moderators, and only moderators should be doing it.
If a user is breaking the rules, instead of posting, use the report function
This includes posts telling users to only post once, or that their topic is in the wrong section.
Do not expect an instantaneous response from the moderators. Moderating the forums is not their entire life.
Report a topic once, and wait for a moderator's action. If 24 hours have passed from your original report and you feel that it has not been taken care of, you may report the post/topic again.
The forum moderators shall have full discretion to address any behavior that they feel is inappropriate, which includes, but is not limited to, failure to abide by the Community Guidelines.
If a player is found to have engaged in inappropriate behavior or violated the Community Guidelines, they will receive one or more Account Penalties against their forum and/or game account including:
- Be given a warning.
- Each warning will raise the user's warning level 10%. When a user's warning level reaches 100%, they will automatically be banned.
- Be temporarily suspended from the forum.
- Be permanently banned from the forum.
- Depending on the severity of the infraction, Nexuiz reserves the right to block access to the forums for any length of time up to and including account closure.
- If your account is suspended under these circumstances, you may lose access to your forum account for the duration of the suspension. Posting in these forums is a privilege which may be revoked at any time without notice, at the sole discretion of the forum moderators and/or administrators.
- Repeated, or severe, violations of the Community Guidelines will result in a permanent banning from the forums.
- Nexuiz reserves the right to evaluate each incident on a case by case basis.
- Customer Support requests made through the forums, via posting, or private messages to Nexuiz staff, will be deleted.
- Do not use the forum "Report" feature to submit questions to Nexuiz-Staff
While certain words may not be offensive to you, please be considerate of the fact that those same words may have a completely different meaning and effect on someone else, or could be used in a harmful or hateful manner. Additionally, words that are primarily used to belittle, humiliate, defame, threaten, cause embarrassment, are sexual, suggestive in nature, vulgar, obscene, graphic, profane, defamatory, abusive, hateful, bigoted, or otherwise offensive, may also be added to our bad word filter on an on-going basis as they are seen to be used in a negative manner. We will strive to err on the side of caution and consideration when it comes to the inclusion of words into our bad word filter.